Friday, August 28, 2009

New Semester

So, I'm a Senior Painting major now. I have my own studio all set up with Rachelle as my studio partner. so far so good. For this semester I have decided to do paintings of bugs! Lately I have been really inspired by nature. I have been researching bugs and insects as part of my inspiration. There are so many different species of insects and so many different colors and forms. It’s really quite amazing. I want to do paintings of details of various beetles and insects to the point where they are abstracted. I will use colors and forms inspired by these bugs. I will play around with composition and work with ideas I learned in Structure and Transformation, like points, color relationships, and use of brush stroke. There will be a lot of symmetry due to the natural symmetry found in nature and a sense of texture. I want to possibly incorporate sewing into my work this semester. I would like to use different colored threads and different stitches to create patterns and images while incorporating paint. My goal is to have at least two or three paintings completed by each critique. I would like to work with a canvas size of about 2-3 ft by 3-4ft, and a little bigger.

So all in all, I'm pretty excited for this semester. Also, I decided as of today not to get the Minor in Art History that I was planning on getting. it will just make this semester so much easier, and with getting a job and all, I'm going to need all the time I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment