Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First painting and Bill Jensen


I started my first painting in advanced last week (Images to come soon!). In this painting I’m working with complimentary colors, and trying to be more painterly. I’m really trying to layer paint, and use short brush strokes. I’m working with symmetry, but not perfectly. Jerry showed us an artist named Bill Jensen on Monday. He is an abstract artist who layers paint and then squeegees it off creating this amazing depth and layering where some colors show through and others don’t. I think he is an amazing colorist! I really want to experiment with that this semester in my bug paintings. I think it could be really interesting.

So
me of Bill Jensen's work:



He has some pieces I like more, but I couldn't find them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment