Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wise Words FromTwo Wise Men

On Sunday I went to Hillel with my good friend Zahara to hear a Rabbi speak about the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah. Now, no, I'm not Jewish, but I actually got a great deal out of his speech. One thing that stood out to me was "Inspiration is temporary, we have to learn to make it more permanent." As an artist that really spoke to me. What inspires me is constantly changing, just as I am always changing. I've gone through many long phases of having no inspiration at all, and phases where everything seems to inspire me at once and pulls me in all different directions. Already this year I've really had to narrow down and hold on to my inspirations. It hasn't been easy, but hopefully it will get easier.

Yesterday I went to a Postsecret Event that was held at the University. I've been a fan of PS for some time now, but was very surprised to see how intelligent the creator, Frank Warren, was. He really left an impact on me. He was such a caring, strong, interesting man, who made jokes, and kept the audience completely captivated. Something he said that almost brought me to tears was that, and I'm not going to quote it because I don't remember his exact words, the children who grow up abused, who have struggled and known true pain, grow up to be the adults who change the world. I just thought that was so beautiful. It's a realization I made only a few days ago. That all of the negativity I've know in my life is so important because it is going to bring me close to True happiness and peace. I think that's a very powerful thing to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment